The difference between Singtel and M1 prepaid service
1) Singtel is preconfigured for MMS(WAP) and you need to purchase a separate plan for internet, M1 you need to manually configure but internet is already pre-configured for 3G and you do not need to purchase a separate plan for internet, the lowest costs will automatically be deducted. Eg Singtel Surf 1GB for 7 days for $7, which means an additional $28 per month if you need internet.
2) If you need a microsim or nanosim prepaid card, only Singtel has.
3) Only calls to 1800 numbers to your respective telcos are free, others may be charged.
4) M1 service does not allow you to access Singtel 100 numbers for enquiry, it has been blocked by Singtel.
5) Be very careful what type of simm card you buy eg 2G(Voice only GPRS will kill you) 3G or 4G.
6) Starhub and Singtel prepaid simm all outgoing voice calls are blocked by the network for export sets, only M1 does not have any restrictions.
7) Singtel has the best voice network for 3G(GSM) networks but sucks for HSPA/CDMA networks, Starhub and M1 will fare better.
8) If you use overseas calls often, always remember to call Singtel(019), Starhub(018) and M1(021) for the lowest costs possible.
– Contributed by Oogle.
PS : Sorry I do not use Starhub services at all so there is no assessment.