What is lacking in security of PC and mobile devices
1) There is no proper firewall software to handle both IP4 and IP6 which is totally rule based so you can configure anything and everything.
2) All PCs and mobile devices require cache through temporary folders and swap space which is very prone to attack and is totally not secure, even Net appliances has this great risk.
3) Even if there is 2048 bit encryption for servers and desktop, if (2) is not resolved, your data can also be compromised, it is just the problem of breaking the code.
4) Technology can protect your files and email, but can never protect your voice messages, there is no such product in the markets.
5) Privacy advocates will never have their day as everything on the Internet can be tracked, every click and every keystroke, it is just the ability to merge the data. Face recognition and location based services will make things worse.
6) There is a need to balance prevention of terrorism and privacy of individuals on the internet, and no one country should be able to rule everything. Especially there are already laws in every country against industrial espionage and stealing of secrets.
7) There is no way you can protect your PC from meddling from someone using Intelligent Desktop Software from Vmware, most important is your connection to ISP, even powerlines can be utilised in the same manner with unknown protocols.
8) Most important, your Certification Authority must be trusted, or else your private key can be utilised to track your usage, and especially with Google Chrome as a browser where you need to login, it will make the administrator’s job a breeze.
9) Be very careful who you chose for your service provider, as they have access to your desktop, and they can use that access to attack your computer eg Facebook, Skype etc.
10) Everything you do on the Internet can be tracked and monitored, there is even so called applications that do not do what it is supposed to but act like spyware, most content provider also subscribe to a monitoring service to identify the intelligence of what their users want, but it can easily be abused.
11) Devices like DVD drive on your PC has applications that run server services to monitor your recording and playback of media you put into your drive, and the administrator can easily abuse it by corrupting your write/read of your DVDrom.
12) A programmer can easily embed codes into pictures/videos of emails and web pages to monitor your clicks and your interests, using that information to attack you.
13) Lastly, everybody already knows about locked and unlocked mobiles, where you can receive incoming calls but outgoing calls are barred especially for Singtel and Starhub to prevent competition from export sets, only M1 does not have this restriction.
– Contributed by Oogle.