“How do you determine reality? It is when you hit a stimulus and you get a response, then that is real, not an illusion. – Contributed by Oogle. ”
How to tell if you are under attack when having schizophrenia
1) When hearing voices, the voices may be from a group of people, but what they are saying does not make any sense, like noises when you cannot comprehend, this is normal signs of a schizophernia attack.
2) Likewise when you listen from a news broadcast from the TV, you think they are talking about you, or trying to harm you, this is a normal sign of a schizophenia attack.
3) When voices start to make sense and start commanding you to do things like to hurt someone or kill someone, this is not normal, you are under attack from an unknown source.
4) Likewise sublimal messages from a broadcast source like TV and radio can be utilised to trigger an attack when the person is programme to act on hearing very specific keywords.
5) Therefore it is important to keep a patient under observation in a soundproof room where there is no TV or radio or computer, where if there is a ceiling fan it must not be able to amplify sound waves, even the functions of an aircon should not be able to amplify sound waves. In this special room, the doctor must keep the patient under CCTV observation to determine his behavior, to find out if the influence is due to mental illness or under an attack, if the patient is violent or may harm himself, you must sedate the patient but not treat the patient until you find out if the illness is real or not, cause giving the wrong medication will worsen the condition, the very most the patient must be restraint.
6) Observation is the best method within 48 hours when a patient is warded to determine his condition and behavior without medication unless you are very familar with his case history. You can sedate or restraint but do not give medication unless you are very sure of his diagnosis.
7) When you determined that the patient is under attack you must restraint him at all times. He must be isolated from the rest of other patients. Medications is no use and cannot treat his condition, the patient will not be able to tell what is real or not. Normally the attack will not be long term so within 7 days he will snap out of it. If the attack cause him not to be able to sleep you must prescribe sleeping pills or prolong without sleep will worsen his condition. Prolong attack by hearing voices commanding the person will cause “conditioning” when it will be harder for him to be programmed, so normally the attacker will not do it long term, so I believe the sickness is caused.
I write all these based on my experience to help others so that doctors can determine the diagnosis of schizophrenia to give the correct medication when appropriate.
– Contributed by Oogle.